Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Neptune washer would not stay ON. It would stay on…

Customer Question
my Maytag Neptune washer would...
my Maytag Neptune washer would not stay ON. It would stay on for only few minutes when the Reset and ON/Stop switches were pressed. This action needed to be repeated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If you press the Start button and the light comes on and goes off within a few seconds or so you need to replace the motor control board on the unit. That was a common failure on the Neptune machines and that is what is required to repair it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I will try to replace the motor control board.

Yes that will solve the issue for sure, happens all the time.

I have followed exactly what was advised (changing the motor control board); however, the problem remains. I will fixed the board with blown fuse and replaced the motor. I will get back to you once the Maytag Neptune washer is fixed.

ok

I am sorry, your suggested fix didn't work as expected. I replaced the blown fuse on the motor control board, and
the Maytag Neptune washer went from bad (ON light was on momentarily) to worst (The ON light did even lit).
I Went and purchase a brand new washer instead.

You can not just change the fuse on the board, you would have to change the board itself that is why it did not work.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your model may require the motor/control kit. That kit contains the motor, control board and updated wiring harness.

May I please have your complete model and serial number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?