Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Frigidaire side by side refrigerator PLHS67EGSB4 and

Customer Question

Customer: I have Frigidaire side by side refrigerator PLHS67EGSB4 and have always had an issue with small tube that dispenses water popping out of position so that the water leaks from around the dispenser. I always have to dissemble the unit to get it back in place. This last time I took it apart while it was still plugged it and that ribbon cable between the control board and the dispenser board accidently disconnected. I reinserted the cable back into the dispenser board while the refrigerator was still plugged into the wall. Putting it all back together I noticed that there were no lights on the panel nor at the ice and water actuators. After doing some research, I replaced the dispenser board first to no avail then the control board and still no power to the unit. I've checked all the harness connections and they look fine. I'm at a loss as to how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Peter, I don't know what else I can give other than what I already described.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

When the dispenser doesn't respond at all, it usually means that the ribbon cable was plugged in upside down on one end. I'd disconnect the ribbon cable from the front face and flip it upside down and re-insert it into the connection. Other than that the only options would be that one of the board came faulty or the ribbon cable is just bad.