Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a magtag washer purchased in 2011 and it has begun to

Customer Question

I have a magtag washer purchased in 2011 and it has begun to make a loud noise when spinning cycles are on. I always make sure the clothes are equally balanced around the rotator when putting in the wash and do not overload. What could be the problem? My husband said it is balanced correctly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

What kind of noises are you hearing exactly? It's it more of a roaring jet engine noise? Clanking? screeching? etc...

Also, the model should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hingers (not on the lid itself). Can I get the model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a roaring engine noise
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK that means your main drum bearing is beginning to fail. Unfortunately, the cost of replacing the bearing and seal is usually about $400 or so and it's quite a major task.