Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and I am trying to check the washer…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and I am trying to check the washer timer on a Whirlpool WET3300SQ2 washer dryer combo. Can't get the timer out because the water temp control is blocking it. How to remove the water them control?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Washer stopped mid cycle, with water in the machine. Removed clothes and water. Checked door lid switch. It is okay. Restarted washer and it filled then cycle stopped.

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Okay

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The water temperature switch is a press and turn type locking tab on the switch find the tab push it toward the rear of the switch and turn the switch 90 degrees to remove it from the rear console panel

Got that figured out while waiting. Still can't get the timer out so I can put it on the work bench. I have an ohm meter, but not sure what i am doing with it. Let's get the timer out first.

remove the timer dial and know and behind the dial the timer is held on by one 5/16 head screw .

Can't get the timer dial off. Does it just pull off?

Just pulls off!

Can't get timer dial off. Feels like I am going to break something if I pull harder.

then use a screw driver to pry it off but it just slips over the timer shaft.

I broke off a small chunk of grey plastic. Payed hard and with a screw driver and tried wiggling the knob. No luck. I will try and do a continuity test with the timer on the machine to see if that is the problem.
Turns out there is a black tab on the back side of the timer that needs to be pushed in with the knob also pushed in. I am done with this project. Will call a repair man tomorrow.

ok so that is not what the time or the knob shows on the parts break down .

here is the washer timer the model number you have given shows

http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Timer/W10113761/1447736

Thats not it. Mine is a beige and all plastic, with no metal. and mostly rectangular shaped. Model is a WET3300SQ2.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00181917/680/900

washer timer is #4 part #

W10113761

I can only go by what the manufacture shows .

Thats it. I am done. Thanks for trying to help. Good bye

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.