Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator ice maker stopped making ice. Its a 2013…

Customer Question
My refrigerator ice maker stopped...
My refrigerator ice maker stopped making ice. Its a 2013 kenmore.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the ice maker compartment is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the ice compartment is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. These icemakers fail all the time so by far the most likely culprit will be your icemaker. Below is al ink to the icemaker.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.