Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore elite gas double oven range model(###) ###-####

Customer Question
9800 and the upper oven...
I have a kenmore elite gas double oven range model(###) ###-#### 9800 and the upper oven turns on randomly at all times through out the day wether i am using it or not and i turn it off and it turns back on sometimes... sears refuses it to fix it because they can not find the sticker with the model number on it...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.re you saying that the oven is going on and heating or that the control board is showing a display .ok where did you get this model number from then?ard is showing a display

it was purchased at sears in 2008 and it will show the time as usually and then randomly turns the upper oven on and it goes from 100 degrees to 375 degrees and it will just show that then i will press off and it will turn off and them sometimes it just turns back on showing the same thing.

ok where did you get this model number from then?

the prior owner whom owned it had wrote it down when she bought it 2008 and we bought her house and she gave us the manuel and it was written on it with the serial number she is an 80 year old lady and doesn't remember if the took the sticker out or not but sears tech came over and couldn't find it so refused to fix it.

ok does the owners manual look like your oven ?http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/66578009800-kenmore-elite-parts-free+standing+-+gas-manual?pathRender=fromManualTabPage

Yes it does its the Manuel that came with the oven when the prior owner bought it in 2008

ok So I will assume that is the correct model number then.And the issue is with in the electronic control board /clock .It will need to be replaced.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/vwo10/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/W10194002/1481846?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.Item # ***** http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0905062-00002.png