Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need instructions the door latch assembly lower oven of a…

Customer Question
I need instructions for replacing...
I need instructions for replacing the door latch assembly for the lower oven of a Kitchenaid Superba double oven.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This is a very hard replacement , you will need to remove the grill between the upper and lower ovens .

And then you will need a Phillips bit or an off set socket to put the bit in .

You only have that 1 and a 1/4 gap to work through.

You will need to remove the two screws that hold the latch in place then slid it out so that you can get to the wiring to un hook from the latch switch coil and light switch .

Then pull the latch out and just reverse everything .it is a real pain because you have no room to work with .

If you have any questions just reply back

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time