John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE café double oven with gas stove that I bought in

Customer Question

I have a GE café double oven with gas stove that I bought in 2012. During preheating of the bottom electric oven the electrical breaker trips. To preheat to 400 degrees the breaker tripped 6 times. What is the problem and how can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
And when you use the top oven how does it work? does it not trip the breaker or does it also trip the breaker ?

I asked because you did not say how it functioned !

What size Amperage is the circuit breaker that is tripping?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CGS99SET3SS
iTS A DUAL OVEN. THE TOP OVEN IS GAS AND DOES NOT TRIP THE BREAKER THE BOTTOM OVEN IS ELECTRIC AND DOES. I SAID BREAKER BUT ITS ACTUALLY TRIPPING THE 15 AMP GROUND FAULT OUTLET. I'm ASSUMING THE ELECTRICAL PANEL OF THE STOVE IS CONNECTED TO THAT OUTLETS CIRCUT. I KNOW THE ACTUAL HEATING IS BEING POWERED BY 220AMP BUT THE CLOCK AND DISPALY BY 110. WHEN IN PRE-HEATING PROCESS THERE IS A SLIGHT HUM COMING FROM THE CLOCK PANAL.

thank you !

Could the model number actually be CGS990SET3SS , 990 instead of just 99?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YOU ARE CORRECT

Thank you is this a brand new installed in this location ?

The unit should not be on a GFCI outlet it says that right in the user manual in the install instructions .

Can you unplug it from that outlet and then plug it into another outlet even if you have to use a short three wire extension cord?

And I know you say you bought the unit in 2012 but that does not say if it has been in use in this location or not! that is why I asked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It figures. The builders of this home installed the appliances, I'm not happy with any of their work. I will try that but will not be able to do it today.

ok no problem!

Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!