Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. I'm looking about a Whirlpool washer

Customer Question
Hi! I'm ***** *****...

Hi! I'm ***** *****. I'm looking for answers about a Whirlpool washer WTW4950XW2

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I did one load of laundry with no problem. Went to do the next one and found that it had filled with water and stopped. The sensing light was on and the lid was locked. I pressed and held the lid lock button for 3 seconds, opened the lid, closed it again and hit the button to turn it back on again. It just sits there with a low hum.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. There is a way to get the codes for you washer but there is something that is easy to check first. Your washer has a belt and pulley at the bottom above a plastic shield. Can you tip the washer back to see if the pulley came loose?

Do you still need help?