JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Our lopi Berkshire pilot goes out often, and now it won't

Customer Question

Our lopi Berkshire pilot goes out often, and now it won't relight if the glass is in place. Took everything out today, vacuumed thoroughly, used compressed air and the pilot lit, although hesitantly. I actually had to blow on it lightly. I stayed on and we adjusted it to the proper height according to the manual. When I got around to putting the glass back on about an hour later it snuffed the pilot right out and it will not relight. The ignitor is sparking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like the thermocoupler is bad. I had similar issues with a machine, as long as I left the cover off it would stay lit but as soon as I tried to install the cover it would snuff out the pilot. It could be lit with some difficulty and would work good as long as I left the cover off then it finally got to where it would work sometimes for an hour or two and go out or maybe two or three days and go out. I finally figured out that the thermocoupler was not sending the proper information back to the gas valve in order for the valve to work properly which was causing my problem. I replaced the thermocoupler and haven't had a problem since then(about two years now).

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.