Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My name is ***** ***** and I have a General Electric

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a General Electric Refrigerator (TYPE NC-8-FB) and some of the wires at the relay are loose and not connected. Looks like someone replaced the cord at some time. I would like to see a picture of the wiring diagram for the relay the number is ***** G.S
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: light works but the cooling unit doesn't come on. Was running fine before it was moved. It was my wife's Grandmothers and we have painted it to look like a Coke machine. It is special to her and I need to get it running.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The original relay is liekey faulty and may need to be replaced. The picture attached shows one variation of wiring. The model number is ***** old to be able to pull up a wiring diagram. Can you post a picture of what it looks like now, please?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached. This is how it looks right now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is there a schematic pasted to the back of the cabinet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no , if there was I wouldn't need the wiring diagram. thanks