Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model # DV45H7000EW/a2. Dryer all of a sudden has no heat…

Customer Question
Model # ***** Dryer all of...
Model # *****
Dryer all of a sudden has no heat but seems to be running ok. I disconnected power to reset it as well as check exhaust for any blockage and does not seem to blocked. Is there a reset button on unit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
anyone there?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, no reset button on these units. The element, thermal cut out, are the two most likely culprits. Do you have a volt/ohm meter and do you know how to use it? You will need to possibly make a live voltage check to determine the issue. Either the element or the small cut out thermostat that kills power to the element is bad. The cut out is located on the heater element housing. The top, control panel, front, bulkhead, need to be removed to gain access. I work on the honor system here at Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively using the star rating system at the top of your page. Thanks