Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We bought a ksso48qmb01 built in refrigerator in 2005. it…

Customer Question
we bought a ksso48qmb01 built...
we bought a ksso48qmb01 built in refrigerator in 2005. it doesn't cool now.
some local appliance techs came twice, the first time the pressure low, they added coolant and flushed, the refrigerator then started working and worked for four months. Starting from around the last Christmas, the refrigerator started not cooling again. The local appliance tech felt that there is a blockage n the system that is keeping the unit from cooling. He said there are three potential parts to replace. They came last Friday and replaced two parts. One of those parts plays the role of a filter to remove particles in the cooling live. He felt adding coolant/cleaner last August may have caused the filer to slowly plug. However replacing these two parts didn't fix the problem.
The freezer is set for 6 degree but the actual temp displays 48 and measured at 48 (by the local tech's tool), the refrigerator side set is 38 but the actual temp displayed and measure at 58. The aqua setting is 9 FYI.
The warranty for this model (http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Warranty%20Page%20-%202309068-W.pdf) states 7 - 12 year limited warranty on sealed refrigeration system and lifetime limited warranty on door bins, please provide any assistance and guidance. We definitely need a working refrigerator in our kitchen.
Thanks
Scott Iverson
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi im ezekiel i will be helping you resolve your issue. If they keep adding freon then there is a leak in the system there is a dye drier that they should have installed the first time around .that is to determine where the leak is then they can seal the leak. To common areas number 1 the evaporator which is the part on which the freon accumulates. So a dye drier is the first step .if you need further help im available please rate me on my response thank you.

Hi also remember 1 thing. If it has a 7 to 10 year warranty that is only on the compressor and sealed system one again after the dye drier the leak my be in an area u cant reach or find if that is the case there is nothing that can be done..