Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag dishwasher, model # W10475751 and it has…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag dishwasher...
I have a Maytag dishwasher, model # ***** B and it has started leaking at the bottom of the door. I can't see a seal/gasket there but it is definitely coming from the tub of the dishwasher, not the connections.is there a seal at the bottom of the door I can replace? How do I fix this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
open the door the correct model number is ***** the tank face frame .

MDBH949PAW1

Thank you !

Give me a minute or two to pull the info up !

ok there is no gasket at the bottom of the door!

How old is this unit?

Has it been installed here for awhile or a new install?

And if it is older have you ever used a dishwasher cleaner in the unit?

It's about 3 years old and has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. I have run dishwasher cleaning tabs in it and always keep the rinse agent full. We usually clean the dishes of any loose particles before we load the unit

has it leaked on more then one load?

2 or 3, but just randomly and it doesn't seem to matter which setting its on. Normal, heavy, light. It's intermittent so I can't narrow it down any further

ok and you have looked at the spray arms to make sure all of the holes are clear of debris ,this can make the water shoot sideways instead of up .

Can you call does this happen during a wash or a drain mode?

Everything is clear, no debris, no deformation on the spray arm jets or anything like that
Running it right now on quick was and it seems fine again. Maybe I'll just monitor it and call my local appliance guy, he's not a Maytag repairman but he's a genius when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks for all your help just the same

Ok no problem ,good luck !

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

If Not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time