Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. Our kenmore elite oasis dryer was…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. Our kenmore elite oasis dryer was working, just not heating. We got a themal fuse and the thermostat that goes with it and replaced it and now it won't turn, but there's power to it.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The model # ***** ***** The dryer was spinning, but not heating. We figured out that the vent was almost totally plugged, so the fuse must have gone. We cleaned the vent took everything apart cleaned it all out, replaced the fuse and thermostat (we got a "thermal fuse kit"). We've put it all back together and now it won't spin.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

If the thermal fuse was bad the dryer would not tumble.

have you taken the unit back apart to make sure all of the wiring is on correctly?

Well, it was tumbling before we replaced it, so does that mean it wasn't a bad thermal fuse? I read that sometimes the dryer would stop tumbling, but sometimes it just wouldn't heat, but would still tumble.We double checked the wiring before we put it back together. That thing is a beast to take apart.

Yes you are correct the original issue of tumbling and no heating was NOT a thermal fuse issue

On gas dryers it will still tumble with a bad thermal fuse ,but not on electric heat dryers the thermal fuse kills the entire dryer .

if all you did was put in a thermal fuse make sure the wiring in on the thermal fuse and that the wiring is back on the door switch correctly both of those will stop the dryer from running/ tumbling.

okay, we'll re-check those connections. It's an electric dryer though, so what would be the original reason it was not heating, but still tumbling?

In the heater circuit you have the heater relay on the control board , Two thermostat ,the heating element and a switch on the drive motor itself.

Do you have a Volt-ohm meter and know how to use it to be able to do any component or voltage testing on the unit?

Do you still need assistance on your question?