Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite fridge with the freezer on the

Customer Question
bottom.. model # ***** I...
I have a Kenmore Elite fridge with the freezer on the bottom.. model # ***** I ordered a new ice maker & have installed it. When the ice maker door is unlatched , ice will come out the chute just fine. But, when I latch the ice maker door shut , no ice will come out the chute. What could be the problem>
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can you look at the model number once again please.

795.710.010 is not showing as a good number.

model # *****

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Thank you!

So when the large door to the icemaker is open the unit will harvest ice or dispense it out of the dispenser?

Please read my question !

So when the large door to the icemaker is open the unit will harvest ice or it will dispense it out of the dispenser?

This is a either or question not a yes or no question

When the ice maker door is not latched, ice cubes will come out of the chute. When I latch the icemaker door , no cubes will come out of the chute. It makes ice & dipenses ice until I latch the icemaker door shut

ok so with the door latched the icemaker does make ice ,but it just does NOT dispense the ice out of the dispenser or chute as your calling it correct?

Correct

ok so with the door closed when you call for ice out of the dispenser ,can you hear the dispenser motor running ,just not pushing the cubes out ?

Or is it silent as if the motor is not running?

It makes noise as if it's trying to come out. I just put this new ice maker in as the other one quit,working. Works fine as long as the ice maker door itself is not latched.

ok is the ice cube container binding up against the door ?

Is the ice container positioned correctly?

He says it is positioned correctly

ok and is the door binding or even touching the container when latched?

It doesn't appear to be binding, the latch,seems to,be latching ok

ok but something has to be binding in order for the door to cause an issue.

The door has no switches or anything that tells the unit wither the door is latched or not

I really don't know where to go from here.

if you can not see that the door is even touching the ice container .

I can only recommend to call for a service call to have a pro look at it!

I know not what you want to here ,but with out being there and no real info I have to recommend this.

I so,wish I could have,talked with you in person, maybe we could have got to the bottom of this

I will opt out so some one else can look at your issue!

Thank you. I wonder if he took the ice maker out & read installed it if that would,do any good. Probably not