Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My dishwasher is displaying E:24 water tap and not working

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my dishwasher is displaying E:24 water tap and not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Bosch I turned it on and it stopped working after a few minutes and is showing E:24 water tap
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm happy to pay your fee and happy to wait - whatever works for you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

The error code e24 is usually a drain error code.

Sometimes these units throw up false errors and by killing the power / turning the breaker off for ten minutes and turning it back on will reset the board. This usually will fix the problem.

If you continue to keep getting this error first thing you need to do is check your drain make sure its draining properly. Make sure filters are not stopped up and the check valve which is usually white in color and located in the bottom of your tub on the side wall is in place.

If those things check out ok check your drain hose for kinks or clogs.The next thing to check would be the drain pump itself, when you press the cancel button can you here the pump running? If not you need to check for power to the drain pump there should be 120v.

If the pump checks out ok you need to check voltage to the water valve solenoid. If you have voltage to the water valve but water does not come into the machine and the screens are clear then you have a bad water valve. If there is no voltage to either of those parts when there should be then you have a bad control board.

If all that checks out ok then If those both check out you will need to replace the motor as the brushes in the motor have worn out and are causing it to drag triggering this error.

let me know if you have any questions, in the meantime:

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.