Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

, I have a whirlpool Cabrio WED6600VW0 dryer. The

Customer Question
Customer: hello I'm Gar JA...
Customer: hello I'm Gar
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a whirlpool Cabrio WED6600VW0 dryer. The lights come on pushing button does not start. The error code F24 shows in diagnostics. I replaced the thermal fuse, thermistor, heat element and inlet thermistor. Code still shows and dryer does the same thing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Does the F-24 come up on the display when you try to start or did you get that running diagnostics? That code is for the inlet thermistor. Let me know and then we will do testing if you have a meter.

came up running diagnostics

Okay, that might be an old code. Do you have a volt meter?

Before we start does the door switch lever get pushed in by the door when it closes and does it click?

it does and there is a clicking, also the drum light goes on and off when I open the door

Okay, see what you get at the control from the P9-1 blue wire to the P8-3 white wire when you press start. Should be 120 volts a/c

don't know where those wires are

Those are at the control. They are the output to the motor. This would show if the problem is the control or something else. Is the belt intact? There is a broken belt switch in series with the motor.

it looks like 120 is there
don't know where the broken belt switch is don't see a BELT

When you press start is there any humming?

no humming when u push button it beeps there is a click the second or two later another click that's it

If you don't see a belt going around the drum you just found the problem. Can you see a line going around the drum near the middle?

there is no belt going around the drum. there is a silver line where there should be a belt ? how big of a pain is it to put on a belt?

Let me look. I think I can send you a link to a video and the part number.

Here you go. You should be able to do this without any problems. Best wishes. Belt replacement video link

thanks

You are welcome!

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave