Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Electrolux electric dryer Model EIED55HIW which

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux electric dryer Model EIED55HIW which gave me the error message E64 "Heater Open Circuit". I verified each heater element has resistance of 27 ohms, high limit t'stat is closed and thermal limiter are closed. Checked connections at PC board and solder joints on PC board and all looked satisfactory. Also checked feeder breaker on my distribution panel for good connections. What else can I check?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So first, this element is a TRIPLE element. There are 3 terminals on one side of the heater, and 1 terminal on the other side. These elements fail all the time so I'd be REALLY surprised if the element isn't faulty. If you have a multimeter you can test resistance between each of the 3 terminals with the 1 terminal on the opposite side and one of them likely has an open circuit. The element you'd need to order and replace is###-##-#### Other than that, your main control board would need to be replaced or you need to make sure the dryer is getting 220 volts since those are the only other things left.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?