Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Oven door locked

Customer Question
oven door locked
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/14/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

The door lock motor may have to be replaced if you can't get it to reset, try killing the power to range at the breaker/fuse box whichever you have for a few minutes restore power and hit cancel on the control board, if that does not work although you have already go ahead and once more start self clean and immediately cancel it, if that does not work you will need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly ( this is no easy task).

You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson