Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Touch pad still lites up ,takes commends.not right one or

Customer Question

Touch pad still lites up ,takes commends.not right one or freezes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this is a common issue on these GE microwaves with the touch LED touch displays. The problem is that your touch display is just going bad. You can try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you'll need to either replace the touchpad or refurbish the touchpad. The touch control panel is incredibly expensive at about $500 or so, so it's usually not something I recommend replacing. There is 1 company on Ebay that refurbishes the touchpad for $125 so if you want to fix the microwave, I would remove the touchpad and send it to them to have the board refurbished. This is not normally what occurs in the appliance world, but due to the extreme cost of replacing the part, a company has found a market to refurbish the old touchpad which is much cheaper for you. Below is a link if you wanted to do that option.

CLICK HERE for touchpad repair service

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?