Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Replaced circuit board on a Bosch he2528u electric range.

Customer Question

Replaced circuit board on a Bosch he2528u electric range. Followed manual to program
It. Hold temp and light after beep and clock flashing. Will not program, need help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is the touchpad working? You may have a bad touchpad on the unit not the board.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works, brand new. Just cannot program it. Gives a. Error 160
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch range does not just sell keyboard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I expect a answer back?

When you see the Error 160 unplug the unit for 20 seconds and plug it back in do you then get CLOCK and 12? Then it should program

FOLLOW THIS

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you read my whole email I've already done all that I already have the instructions my question is is there anything else that could be causing this ? I don't mind paying for something but one I already wrote down what I've done and you give me back the same reply That really wasn't what I was looking for any other suggestions and set of just unplugging it and try it with the 12 I'm gonna be out on the job for a few hours hopefully he'll get back to me with something more relative to my problem

SO you followed those instructions I linked you exactly? If so the new control is bad nothing else would cause that issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply back
Did not mean to sound out of line just frustrated this is something very simple to put in an program as it came with directions I will try one more time and if it does not work I will send it back and get a new part

Ok sounds good I do understand that can be frustrating as it should just program.