Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

, The burner was left on all night on gh and now it

Customer Question

Customer: Tim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The burner was left on all night on high and now it won't shut off so I shut off the breaker. When I turn the breaker back on it go'e back on high with the knob in the off position.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you and se what would cause this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FRIDGIDAIR PLES389ECG
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect thank you. So on this model each burner knob is attached to a shaft coming from a surface burning control board. The relay on the control board for that particular knob has welded shut from being on so long so the only way to fix it is to replace the board. If the burner in question is the knob farthest left on the control panel, then order part number###-##-#### If it's one of the other 3 burners, then order part number###-##-#### It will need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.