Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a french door refrigerator, we are finding water/Ice

Customer Question
We have a french door...
We have a french door refrigerator , we are finding water/Ice in the crisper drawers , the freezer is in bottom of fridge , what's causing the water drippage ?
thanks , Karen Arthur
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
1/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

some of the samsung built twin cool model units have dual evaporator systems one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator, if the defrost drain on the one in the refrigerator section gets stopped up it will overflow and back water up into the refrigerator compartment when it goes into defrost mode.

Below is a video that will show you how to remove the panel to get to the defrost drain, once you get the panel off you will see at the bottom of the evaporator a metal plate and it will have a hole in it that is the drain you will need to unstop using a air hose or wire or a hollow tube that you can stick in the hole and blow in:

VIDEO

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

\

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson