Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Electrolux commercial range is flashing "lock" on the

Customer Question

My Electrolux commercial range is flashing "lock" on the right (large) oven after a major storm but it isn't actually locked. Because of this the oven won't work and I can't find how to reset it. We can't locate a reset button and we've tried the breaker. This happened once last year and a technician came out and charged us $200 for 5 minutes he was here.
How can I reset this? I can't see a reset anywhere.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual doesn't tell which it is and I can't find which model on the range. I think it's this:E48DF76EPSBecause it's 4' across and the numbers are all 30, 36 and 48.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is the door locked?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Try the following after making sure the door is shut tightly.

1. Turn selector knob to Self Clean.

2. The corresponding LED will flash.

3. Turn temperature knob to Clean.

Allow about 90 seconds, then turn the knobs to OFF. Wait another 90 seconds and see if that light stops flashing. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is the door locked or unlocked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unlocked. It won't lock. It just flashes lock.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the control may have been damaged or the lock motor is not working. Do you have a meter to test any voltage with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Sorry. I don't. Plus, this stove is massive. There's no moving this stove to get to a power source.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will need to call for service, that appliance is very heavy, I agree. I use an "Air Sled" to move them, I totally understand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power is definitely on. The light works. The lock light is flashing. The other oven is working. It's a gas stove too.The last time this happened the tech had to reset the stove but I have no idea where the reset is. It seems like he said it was toward the back somewhere but I don't recall where. Would it be inside the oven?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is an overheat reset but it would not flash the lock light.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't overheat. What happened, like last time, it acted like it was locking.... Didn't lock, and then it locked out everything as far as functions. All from one power flash as power went off, generators came on, generators went off because power came back on. It was so quick but caused chaos.Now it's going to cost me another $200! ūüėě
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I don't think this is a "push a button to reset" instance. I believe you are going to need a part....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm positive there was a reset button. It was somewhere toward the bsck of the stove and took him less than 5 min to reset it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get refunded my fee since this wasn't resolved?