Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I asked a question earlier regarding my kenmore stackable

Customer Question

Customer: I asked a question earlier regarding my kenmore stackable washer dryer. We thought it was the drain hose, which did have a hole in it. Repaired that, but still leaks water from the top of the tub. My friend thinks its the washer tub ring needs replacing, possible with a134592700Washer drain hose131901400Seal splash131715801Shield131707800Ring-drain h131551103Washer tub ring seal. Model #41794812301 Also possibly be or need:
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It doesn't start leaking until about 1 minute into the drain/spin cycle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I already paid $18.00 this afternoon for the same problem. I thought we had it solved, but not.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked the drain pump itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doesn't appear to be leaking. Leaking from top of washer.

OK if it is leaking from the top of the machine the top lid that snaps onto the outer tub has a gasket under it that may be bad or the lid has become unsnapped somewhere as it is clipped in about 10 spots.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks