Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a question my kitchen aid model number KFXS25RYmsi

Customer Question

Hi I have a question my kitchen aid model number KFXS25RYmsi
Under the bottom drawer there is a sheet of ice and sometimes it leaks all over the floor. Can you tell me what could be causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Behind the rear panel, inside the freezer, is a defrost drain. That drain is plugged (probably with ice) and is not allowing drainage to the pan below the cabinet. You can open the doors for 24 hours with the unit off to naturally thaw or totally disassemble the freezer section to remove the rear panel to access the drain hole for manual thaw.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!