Ezekiel
Ezekiel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Repair Expert
91962359

I have a Jenn aire gas range digital controle panel manual

Customer Question

Hi I have a Jenn aire gas range digital controle panel for oven manual nobs for gas stove top. Oven is making a buzzing noise and broiler not working. Oven is heating but more slowly I think. Yesterday controle panel just died but when I reset the brakes it worked again. Model is 8114P734-60
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is taking 20 min to get to 350 but the wine noise is consistant while on.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hello,my name is Ezekiel ,can i please get a good model number to better assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As noted above Jenn-air 8114p734-60 (12-99-00)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
inside bottom panel under oven is Maytag JBS9860BCP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First number found on oven door
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hi ok yes that is the model number im checking the control area seems that your control panel has lost internal ground so the relays are not working you have a control board failure.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Trying to pull up that model number didnt recognize it

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Hi the part is available at www.searspartsdirect.com control board. This board has relays that control the bake, broil functions on the stove.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I am pretty handy do you think I can replace the panel myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ezekiel
Which model number did you use to search for the part on Sears website and can you tell me the part number I need please.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Sure give me a second sir.

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

JDS9860BCP this is the correct model number

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

one second

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Ok please go to www.partselect.com you can order the part there and get it shipped. Enter part number. Ps2357874 this will pull up your part best of luck.sir.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much and have a good day
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 1 year ago.

Same to you sir.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello just answer my problem is sadly still not solved. Please review the previous thread on Jenn-air range JDS9860BDP Still not working. We replaced the electronic panel as suggested and the oven is still not heating. The panel functions (the time works and it accepts all commands etc.) just as the old panel did once turned the power off and back on. Ezekiel felt that the buzzing was related to a faulty panel so we replaced it. As before, when you turn it on to bake it makes a quiet buzz or hum for the duration that it is on and takes upwards of 20 min to heat to 300F. The buzzing is continuous and does not shut off when it eventually comes to temperature.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please look for a new Expert, my problem is sadly still not solved. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two images to show working panel and accepting commands
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Short video with buzz audible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't send sorry