Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ice maker has stopped releasing ice. It started with just a

Customer Question

Ice maker has stopped releasing ice. It started with just a tiny cube on the right side
getting stuck. Normally I get that little cube out and then it starts releasing ice.
Now there is ice under the little fingers and also in the back. It just will not release.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The little cube means that the water pressure isn't good enough to fill the entire icemaker mold. Usually this means that the valve on your house is restricting the flow. The valve is usually a "saddle valve" which typically last 8-10 years before they begin to restrict the flow.

But the newest problem of the icemaker not even cycling has nothing to do with the lower water pressure other than it may have contributed to the icemaker failing since these icemaker strip out fairly easy if the icemaker gets jammed.

Make sure that the emitter boards are working properly and if so, you just need a new icemaker. If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid? If so then your emitter boards are working---if not you need to replace the emitter board.

Below is a link to the icemaker that you'll likely need as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.