Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and i did type my question and it

Customer Question
Customer: Hi. My name is...
Customer: Hi. My name is ***** ***** and i did type my question and it went on to Paypal but the page closed. I am not sure if I need to start all over or it already went through?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I purchased a Maytag Centennial Commercial Technology Model# ***** few months ago. Tonight started making Loud noise and was shaking violently. after it stopped there were still some water left. Put it on spin only and stated the machine again but it was the same. Loud noise and water still remained.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So I just want to start by saying if I was in your house, I'd go through diagnostics and see what error code you're getting, but I've tried to explain how to do this to many people and for some reason they just can't get the sequence to work. So by far, the most likely thing that will cause this issue is your actuator failing or possibly your drain pump being clogged up. Both the drain pump and the actuator motor are located below the tub and if you're wondering, the actuator is the part that switches the shifter next to the motor. You'll want to first check the drain pump ( I know you just said you checked the drain hose but that is different than the drain pump) so unplug the washer and tip the unit backwards a bit so you can get underneath. Follow the drain hose to locate the drain pump under the tub and you'll want to remove as much water out of the tub as you can because whatever is left inside will come pouring out once you remove the drain pump. Have a wet vac or lots of towels ready to soak up the water that comes out. Check for a blockage and remove anything inside the pump that you find. Put everything back together and try the washer again. If you still get the same problem, onto the actuator we go.

To access the actuator you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for part as well as video at bottom of link that shows you how to replace the part.

Now, if you wanted to give it a shot and see if you can pull up an error code, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1/2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

Now turn the dial one click and now the error code is displayed in the form of LEDs along the progress line. Just note which lights appear and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. There will be 2 sets of lights that appear and I need both sets to know what error you're getting.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think you meant to send this to someone else!

No... why would you think that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Because you said: " I know you just said you checked the drain hose but that is different than the drain.... "I didn't check the drain hose
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see my question on this page either

Sorry I'm not sure why I thought you said you checked your drain hose. Freudian slip. I apologize. But the answer is still the same.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is the result: Sensing Rinse / Done
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sensing comes on then Rinse and Done come on together

OK that's an off balance load.

Check for weak suspension. Basket should not bounce up and down more than once when pushed.

Clothing should be distributed evenly when loading.

Other than that you'd likely be looking at a bad gearbox/transmission which is causing all that noise and preventing it from draining and spinning properly. That would require a technician to replace.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure exactly what you mean? Basket is not bouncing up and down it does go to the sides and back and forth but not up and down. Right now there is no load in the machine to be off balance. should i put some clothes in and start the machine?

I'm saying that you need to apply force and FORCE the basket down and then let it go to see if it goes up and down several times or just once.

But no, if there are no clothes inside and it's making the noise---you need a new gearbox it sounds like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not say that there is no clothes in the machine and it is making noise!! Please refer to my question.
Forced the basket down and it bounces back once.......

Yes, I understand you said that. And I'm saying if there is nothing in the basket then there is nothing to look for as far as being out of balance. I'm only confirming the fact that all you'd need to do is force the basket down and see if it bounces more than once. you said it bounces once so now you have a bad gear box as I mentioned before. You need a technician to replace that part.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure if you know what you are talking about?
This was what you said first:
"Basket should not bounce up and down more than once when pushed".Now you are saying:
"you said it bounces once so now you have a bad gear box as I mentioned before..."I will call a technician and if the problem is "bad gear" i will rate your service.

These statements are the same thing:

QUOTE:

"Basket should not bounce up and down more than once when pushed".

Check for weak suspension.

Then I said this:

"you said it bounces once so now you have a bad gear box as I mentioned before..."

So yes, from the beginning I have told you the same thing. If it bounces repetitively (more than once) then you need new suspension rods. If it only bounces one time (which you said it does) then you need a gear box.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi,I called Maytag with the issue that I was having. They wanted me to use a level and make sure machine was leveled also unplug the machine and plug it back in and let the machine reset itself. Run it with no clothes inside the machine to see what it would do. It worked fine. I have used it couple of times with smaller loads since then and It has worked every time.

Have a nice day.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc