Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool top loader Energy Star W10560167A. This

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have a Whirlpool top loader Energy Star W10560167A. This machine has been awesome (and actually still is). Just recently, the washer would finish all of its cycles, the "done" light would come on. And all would be good, that's if unless you had reason to believe that it shouldn't be taking 2 hrs to do a normal load. Anyways, after stopping the machine, etc., I ran a a few different short cycles..drain and spin, rinse and spin... even did a cleaning cycle. Each one ended up the same way. The machine finished it's cycles just the way it was supposed to, the "lock" or "unlock" noise was heard and the green "done" light would come on. Then all of a sudden the cycle that had just finished would just start all over again like someone had told it to. You could actually wash clothes with any of the programs. You just had to be there when it ended and lift the hood up. But today I was going nuts trying to find this beeping noise and I narrowed it down to the washer...which i
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this is just a bad main control board inside the control panel of the washer. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset to start.

If that doesn't work, then try to reset the control panel using the reset sequence.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1/2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics and all the lights should illuminate to let you know you did it right.

g. Turn the knob clockwise until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

h. Turn the knob clockwise until ALL the LED's illuminate.

i. Press and hold the start button for 3 seconds and that resets the control board.

Now just unplug the washer for 60 seconds and plug it back in. Try the washer and if the issue is fixed then great. If not, then you need to replace the control board inside your control panel I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?