John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Barry, My LG refrigerator starting making a pretty loud

Customer Question

Hi Barry, My LG refrigerator starting making a pretty loud buzzing noise about a month ago. Sometime it does it, sometimes it doesn't, but the buzzing goes on for 10, 20, 30 minutes at a time. It's driving me nuts. I noticed it started after the replace filter light went on. Do you think there's any relation there? Thanks so much for your time. Madeline
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can you at least tell me where the noise seems to be coming from ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. It seems to be coming from behind the fridge. Hope that helps. Any other questions, just ask :)

ok so then you need to pull the unit out away from the wall and when it is making the noise remove the rear inspection cover and try to see where the noise is coming from .

which will be either the black domed compressor or the Condenser fan motor under the unit.

Now the noise last 10,20,30 minutes long can you say it is when the unit starts up or when the unit is shutting off?

And can you try to describe the noise?