Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My mYTAGE GAS DRYER SMELLS LIKE KEROSENE,AND ALL THE CLOTHES

Customer Question

My mYTAGE GAS DRYER SMELLS LIKE KEROSENE,AND ALL THE CLOTHES COME OUT
SMELLING LIKE KEROSENE AS WELL. should WE BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE
POSSIBLITY OF FIRE?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This actually isn't anything to be concerned about as far as safety goes. It's a well known issue that happens with gas dryers in combination with some other fumes in your house. I'm not sure if your house was recently cleaned or painted or wood floors refinished or something like that, but something is giving off a slight odor and when the ethanol odor gets sucked into the dryer it concentrates and it causes the clothing to smell like it and when you open the door it smells like it's going to explode. There isn't much you can do to resolve this issue but wait for whatever odor is in the house to dissipate. In the mean time you can spray things like Fabreeze and whatnot to try to remove the odor quicker.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?