Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a three week old Whirlpool Duet Steam washer. It is

Customer Question

Hi. I have a three week old Whirlpool Duet Steam washer. It is making what sound like a pump noise, but none of the controls work and the door lock button is flashing. Ideas ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is there water that has not drained out from the last cycle? It is in a flood cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think there is water in the machine. I can't open the door and check however.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I get into diagnostic mode there is a f08 and e 01 code. There is water connected to the machine and it's turned on. The machine is making a humming noise. Sounds like the pump? Can't get it to stop so I unplug the machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The F8 E1 is a pressure switch issue. For only being three weeks old, I doubt the pressure switch hose is plugged but it is easy to check. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the machine, under the top panel by the controls. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed the washer by holding the steam clean button and the he control lock button for 20 seconds. Seems like they may me a reset? Anyway, it works now. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, nice work!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem resolved. Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!