Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Re Samsung household microwave oven Model SMH1816S: suddenly

Customer Question

Re Samsung household microwave oven Model SMH1816S: suddenly no power (no lights on any of the controls). Is there a fuse for the unit, and where is it located? Also what is the designation/amperage of the fuse(s)?
Thanks!
Michael Hardy
***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, there are (2) 20 amp ceramic fuses built into the noise filter which is located behind the control panel area to the right of the microwave cavity. Below is a link to the noise filter so you know what you're looking for.

CLICK HERE for noise filter

To access you'd want to unplug the microwave and remove the screws coming in from the top of the vent panel. Remove the vent panel and then remove the screw at the top of the control panel. The control panel will slide up one inch or so and then it will hinge forward and down so you can access the fuses. Test the fuses and if either is open, replace the fuse. If the fuses check good the display board would need to be replaced and that may not be worth fixing since the part is so expensive so it may be time for a new microwave if you're sure the microwave has power from your house.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?