Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Is there an electric, stackable washer dryer unit (suitable

Customer Question
for use in a high-rise...
Is there an electric, stackable washer dryer unit (suitable for use in a high-rise condo) that is ventable indoors according to the manufacturer?
The current washer/dryer combo in question is electric and is vented into a dryer vent kit or "wet" box. Chicago code says this is legal if the manufacturer allows. Because this is in a rental unit, I want to make sure everything is nice and w/in the law. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So indoor vents are allowed by the manufacture but you will want to make sure the laundry room is well vented. Keep the door to the laundry room open because it will build up a lot of humidity in the room. Other than that it just depends on whether the city allows it or not and it sounds like you already know Chicago states it's OK as long as the manufacture permits it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc