Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My GE Tru temp oven is beeping and showing a code of "FO" on

Customer Question

My GE Tru temp oven is beeping and showing a code of "FO" on the control panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

That error is a communication error between the touch pad and the control board, usually if you take the panel apart and remove the touch pad ribbon cable from the control board and clean the contacts on the cable, it will fix it, over time it gets gunk and buildup on the contacts and messes up the communication between the two, if that does not work then the main control board will need to be replaced.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service BEFORE YOU LEAVE TODAY by clicking 3 or better on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

Before leaving a negative rating please discuss it with me first so I can have a chance to remedy the issue. Thank You!

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This error code does mean that there is a communication error with the touchpad, but the control board is NOT your problem. Try to clean the ribbon cable connection and if it doesn't work, you need to replace the TOUCH CONTROL PANEL, not the main control board.

Yes thanks for that correction Tyler, that is what I meant the touch pad control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you clean the ribbon cable connection?

you can lightly go over he contacts with a fine grain sandpaper.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not clear -- "lightly go over he contacts...." Where is the ribbon connection? How do I access it? What do you mean by "lightly go over he contacts..."

If you would like to give me the model number of the unit I will be glad to give you specific instructions on the repair, thanks.