John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Replaced the control board and get a f2 e3 code.
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Replaced the control board and get a f2 e3 code.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Maytag bravos x series washer. Got a erroer code f1 after we had problems with the washer not advancing thru cycles
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok, Mod: MVWX700XL1. Pay pal ??
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was told this was $18.00 not $28.00 Do I need to file a complaint???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also,,, new board will not calibrate. All leds blink once and it goes off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also no static charges, ground strap was in use. Could this be a software issue as the self diagnostics say, if so, then how do you identify a correct board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

As you know the F1 error code was a main control board fault.

The F2-E3 is a mismatch of main control board and the user interface.

What is the part number of the control board that you just installed ?

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the new board # *****: W10405819

Thank You!

That is the correct main control for this unit.

After the control board was installed was the Calibration mode preformed on the unit ?

If not that needs to be done.

CALIBRATION MODE IMPORTANT:

Calibration must be performed when any of the following components have been replaced: Main Control, Basket, Drive Assembly, Suspension, Motor, and Capacitor. Not performing calibration will result in poor wash performance.

To access Calibration Mode, perform steps 1 and 2 of Activating the Service Diagnostic Modes. Turn the cycle selector knob until the status LEDs or display correspond as follows:

 “Rinse” LED On, “04” Displayed on 7-segment 04 Sensing Soak Wash Rinse Spin Done

Press the START button to begin washer calibration. All status LEDs will turn on.

 Do NOT interrupt calibration, disturb washer, or remove power; otherwise, calibration must be repeated.

 Lid must be down to perform test.

 Basket must be empty to perform test (no water or clothes).

 Calibration cycle runs for approximately 2-4 minutes. Cycle completes when door unlocks and washer enters standby mode.

Let me know if it was or how it woirks after it was Calibrated now.