Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Gtwn4250dows model, the motor runs, draining at the

Customer Question

I have a Gtwn4250dows model, the motor runs, draining at the same time as filling. Does not fill above the second hole
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening:

If the unit drains as it's filling, you either have a bad main control board that will need to be replaced, or you have a simple issue where the drain hose has fallen down the standpipe too far so the water is being siphoned out. You'll need to make sure that the drain hose goes all the way up to the top of the washer tub and then down into the drain. Make sure the drain hose doesn't go further than 8" into the drain stand pipe. If the hose falls down too far it can siphon the water out of the tub. Use Zip Ties to hold the drain hose to one of the fill hoses which holds it in place so it doesn't fall down or out of the drain stand pipe causing problems.

If the drain hose is routed properly, you'd just need a new main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.