Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a WFW8300sw50, after moving it from garage to house

Customer Question

I have a WFW8300sw50, after moving it from garage to house it tipped over. after hooking it up the washer, on any washing mode will lock door, Add a garment light on and automatically unlock door, then lock again. however, it will not start filling. the Drain/Spin mode works perfect. I inspected the the water dispensing unithad to disassemble and realign cogs then replaced. if you wiggle the arm on top sometimes you can trick it to start filling but then it will stop after a minute... help
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

This sounds like you have to replace dispenser motor assembly, if that motor does not rotate once and stop at the home position it will never fill. This sounds like the issue for sure. Here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the part , put it in and still won't release water

Do you mean it still will not fill with water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly. ..

Is the dispenser rotating once and stopping at the home position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not moving at all

OK then the CCU is bad if that motor does not rotate, it has to rotate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wouldn't I get a F11 code ? I get no codes

No you should get an F32 code but if you get no codes I have seen that happen as well, I would check the wiring to that dispenser motor for power. after the door does its unlock lock sequence.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the door locks and unlocks , the add a garment stays on , and the door locks again. The tub does a rotation when you start a cycle

YEs then either the wiring is bad to the dispenser motor or the CCU board is bad nothing else would cause that. I think your CCU is bad