Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool, RBS245PDQ12, oven will not bake biscuits, low

Customer Question

whirlpool, RBS245PDQ12 , oven will not bake biscuits, low heat , it is old and never really been used till now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This is a double oven, is either oven heating at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
single oven -- about 150 F
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top & bottom coils
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK if the oven won't heat on bake or broil setting then you need to make sure the oven is getting 220 volts and not just 110 volts because the oven will not heat if it's getting 110 volts although it will act and look normal.

Other than that, if it won't heat on bake or broil, either the control board has failed or the high limit thermostat mounted to the back of the oven has failed. You'll need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel to test continuity through the high limit thermostat. If the high limit thermostat is open with no continuity then you need to replace it. If the thermostat has continuity through it, you'd need to replace the display control board because the relay is not sending power to the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Please don't start a new question or else it will just charge you a second time. Reply this this question if you have follow-up questions.