ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

Our Jenn-Air fridge, French door, left hand door makes an

Customer Question

Our Jenn-Air fridge, French door, left hand door makes an annoying vibrational sound whenever the compressor is running. It stops momentarily when you push the door hard. Does this mean that the door gasket needs replacement of what?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service!

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your fridge :(

Let's work together to find out what is wrong :)

A vibration sound sometimes can be as simple as a tube touching back in the compressor compartment. In order to check that, you would have to remove the back cover while the machine is making the noise and touch the various tubes in the back in an effort to locate the source of the sound. The fact you say you can quiet it by pushing on the door would lead me to believe that is the case.

The other issue is french door refrigerator are very fussy about being level and sometime just adjusting the leveling legs or setting the "locking feet" located on the bottom front corners of your fridge. That would be the first thing I would do if I were at your home.

Check your manual on leveling procedures and the next time is starts making noise, try adjusting the feet and the locking feet to see if that will correct it.

If that does not work, then remove the back cover and see if you can locate by touch where the sound is coming from.

Issues like this sometimes just take time to locate, so be patient and you should be able to find it.

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your questions.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don