ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

We have a proline kitchen aid dish washer and it keeps

Customer Question

We have a proline kitchen aid dish washer and it keeps trying to run just the rinse cycle but nothing else. When we turn it off it just keeps beeping and trying to run the rinse cycle. Please advice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

If you look inside the door opening area of the dishwasher, it should be located on a label, also on the label will be a serial, number, please see if it is there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kakudd01dppa
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

What happens when you press the other buttons, do the lights flash rapidly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
beeping. As soon as we think it is reset the beeping starts again. We have turned the breaker off twice and does not help.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I think I know what is wrong, please give me a minute to check something first

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Will double check that model number please, not coming up the way you have given it to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KUDD01DPPA 1
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Still working on, just a few more minutes please

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I have no info on this model, I thought I had, I will opt out and open this question to other experts as they may know what is happening here..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will someone else reach out to me?
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service.

I notice Chas has opted out of your question, so I will try to help you out.

My name is ***** ***** I will try my best to help you find out what is going wrong with your DW

Is the motor running while the lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor is running but light stays red w beeping noise.

Ok, I have a machine that is made by Fisher paykel and it is basically the same machine. It was cross manufactured for Whirlpool by fisher paykel and they just changed the face panel.

The problem you are having is the machine has sensed that there is water leaking into the bottom drawer housing and it has activated the emergency pumpout mode. The pump and lights will flash and run until the sensor board in the bottom sees no more water.

The easiest thing to do right now would be to pull the bottom drawer our and get a towel to soak up most of the water that is in the base and then place a fan on it for a couple of hours to evaporate the water. The machine will work properly again after you get it dried out.

This issue sometimes be a minor problem created by opening the drawer to add dishes after the wash cycle has started OR you may have a more serious problem of the machine leaking during the wash cycle.

Here is a video on how to pull out the bottom drawer. Watch at the 1:00 point to see the release buttons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzuJvKIIgU

__________________________________________________________________________

If you have been satisfied with my help and have no further questions for me, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting one of the 5 stars or the Smiley Face to rate my help to you and me personally (not the site or the condition of your appliance) before you leave today.
I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.
Thanks for the opportunity to help you out and feel free to come back to this question anytime with no additional charges after rating and your position will be saved. Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.
Many Thanks
Don

_____________________________________________________________________________

I see you never responded to my response on your dishwasher. Were you ever able to watch the video and get the base dried out?