How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81930
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The control panel has a little like plastic strip with

Customer Question

Hi John,
the control panel has a little like plastic strip with wires. It needs to slide into a connection on the computer like board that has all the transitors on it. The space is so tight that I can't slide it in. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This plastic strip is called a "ribbon cable". The receptacle on the board has a plastic lock in cap on the top of it. Look on the receptacle on the right and left side and there are little clips to depress and then pull up on to release the locking cap. The ribbon cable will then push into the receptacle and you can push down on the cap to lock the ribbon cable into place.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.