Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a wrf736sdam12 refrigerator. I already have an RO

I have a wrf736sdam12 refrigerator. I already have an RO filter system so I want to bypass the filter in the fridge. You can just remove the filter and the water works but it keeps beeping and saying replace filter.

Hi, Whirlpool makes a filter by-pass plug. Click here

I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I'm not credited for my work until you rate my answer positively. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that plug and it doesn't fit in the filter base

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This filter plug it is the one for this model correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a filter blog for the model I put in my original question the one the last guy sent me is the wrong plug I know this because I saw a video of somebody using that blue plug and mine is totally different from thaT. As previously stated my refrigerator will operate with no filter installed but it has a replace filter light and it dings when you finish filling with water

and have you reset the replace filter light ?

this should happen once the filter compartment door .but the REPLACE FILTER light will still remain on!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no way to put in a bypass plug on this refrigerator?

Not really if you have an RO system on the water supply the in unit filter should never need replacing ,when the display says to replace the filter just remove the filter ,re install the same filter and close the filter compartment.

thaty is one of the disadvantages of this in the unit filter on this model

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well with leaving a filter in it slows the water pressure down considerably.

then it is a issue with the filter ,a filter if it is good and not clogged from collecting debris should have no flow restriction

Is this a new filter in the unit that is restricting water volume?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new filter that came with the fridge. RO was installed prior to the new fridge.

ok so approx how much is the filter restricting water flow ?

that has you concerned

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water pressure when going trough the RO and the fridge filter is unacceptably low.

what is the pressure on the RO bladder tank?

This is what the use and care manual states for RO systems .

Reverse Osmosis Water Supply IMPORTANT: The pressure of the water supply coming out of a reverse osmosis system going to the water inlet valve of the refrigerator needs to be between 35 and 120 psi

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the RO puts out plenty or pressure. It is the extra restriction in the fridge filter that causes it to slow. with no filter in side the fridge the pressure is fine.

ok if you have the filter out and you are able to get water through the unit I do not understand the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is with the filter out of the refrigerator the buzzer dings when you are done dispensing water and the replace water filter light is perpetually on.

and you have the filter door closed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but no filter installed. I understand some fridges will run with no filter installed. this is how mine is.

ok I think I understand it now,, you have the filter door closed and it is saying to replaced the filter is that correct ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door is closed but every time you use the water it dings and say replace water filter.

ok this plug you have did it come with the unit when it was new?

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line