Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher was leaking so I replaced the hoses and all

Customer Question

My dishwasher was leaking so I replaced the hoses and all seemed well when I ran the test rinse cycle. When I ran a full cycle, this awful sound was coming from under the dishwasher. It wasn't for the whole time (not when it was draining), but mainly during a wash cycle. I stopped the dishwasher, fished around in the bottom of the tub and found this plug-thing, with what appears to be spirals/screw on one end. It's about as large as a ball point pen. I took a picture of it. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the foreign object may have damaged the sump housing and is allowing the leak. Can you post a picture of what you found, please?