John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My son cleaned our Kenmore gas range model 790 electronic

Customer Question

My son cleaned our Kenmore gas range model 790 electronic ignition stove top, now the burners will not light, the pilots are working on all four burners, yet when you turn the knobs for any one of the burners the ignition clicks but the pilot will not catch. The oven works fine can you tell me what may be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
open the oven door the full model number will be on the oven face frame.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I am not home and have no access to the model info.

ok let me ask you this .

You say the pilots are working ,and then you say that the the igniter are clicking

The cooktop can not have both standing polit lights and spark igniters .What do you mean by the pilots are working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I mean is I can look at each burner and see the pilot on, but when I turn the knob for any one of the burners it clicks but will not light.

and the gas is turned on to the unit? No gas would be about the only reason all burners do not let gas in ,unless you have a model that the cooktop can be turned off via the electronic control /clock assembly.

How old is the unit?