bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a jenn air 9750cab01 and one cooktop insert doesn't

Customer Question

I have a jenn air 9750cab01 and one cooktop insert doesn't work but light comes on. I tired other cartrages that didn't work also so I think it is something else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The contacts in the block that the cartridge plugs into is probably faulty. Number 7 in the diagram at the link below shows the metal contacts. Can you see any issues if looking with a flashlight?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked and didn't see anything jump out what would I see if it was faulty? Can I get this part anywhere or is it only online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I Internet confused myself also. Could this be a power issue? Could this be a fuse issue at the unit? <- these are things I see on line playing like I know what I am doing. I could take pictures of the connector and email if you like.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you can post a picture that would be very helpful!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That brown wiped off and was grease.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any update?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK have you any means of testing to see if you have got any voltage at the element terminals?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter what setting should I use?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Which one have you got?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have this one. Also which of the slots do I test.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK set your multimeter up to 250 volts AC. Then with power off remove the cast iron hotplate and its element below (item 3) put the probes into the two outside socket pins where the element was removed from ie one to the left and one to the right. Now power on and switch the selector knob and tell me what you see in the meter, make sure the probes are not touching the casing !!

Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Do you require further assistance?