Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Why does my GE advantium 120 spark where the Hub and the

Customer Question

why does my GE advantium 120 spark where the Hub and the Oven Rack (Turn Table) meet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If it is sparking the coating on the inner cabinet has come off and the unit is shorting to ground. You need to remove the rack and scuff down the bad spot and paint it with some good Krylon paint and then it should be fine.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanksc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, but the inner cabinet is stainless steel as well as the rack?

OK if the unit is all stainless you have an antenna failure on the magnetron tube or the stirrer assembly is not working or is greased up. Grease conducts electricity so if there is grease in the unit that can cause the issue as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where and what is the stirrer assembly?

The stirrer is located in the ceiling of the microwave and is what turns to deflect the microwaves around so that does not happen