Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Fridgidaire Gallery Electric Oven model#LGE3045KFK. Just

Customer Question
changed ECM after error code...
Fridgidaire Gallery Electric Oven model#LGE3045KFK. Just changed ECM after error code said it was bad. Now oven will not come up to temp, pre-heat shows climb in temp and alarms its ready. When opening door temp in oven is not hot to touch. Setting to bake yields temp rise and lights on control panel show oven switching between top and bottom elements. Heat rise takes forever maybe 2 degrees every 3min. Ohm readings show continuity at all elements, voltage at elements reads 120V, (when energized) Broil setting does not produce any voltage at elements.
Continuity elements indicates not bad heating element. Y/N?
Element to ground when energized is 120V but 240V not present in any connection?
Broiler element not energizing indicates command from ECM not making since it has continuity when tested.
I am at end of my skills, what does have me puzzled is energized I get 240V across line. Measured L to N on A phase yields 120V, B phase 0 voltage. The new ECM came with a filter as an addendum install, is that filtering out my L to N measure on B phase where it is attached? Also is it only allowing half voltage during oven operation but not making sense on the broiler element.
I'm fried. :)
Russ Spencer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you have a problem with the L2 relay on the board. If you measure between L2 OUT and BAKE on the control board when the oven is set to a bake cycle, do you read 240 VAC or what voltage?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on west coast, just now seeing the sun coming up. Good morning Kelly, thank you for response. After I get started with my day I will send you my findings. We will go from there. Hope all the info I provided was helpful? Talk soon...

Yes, very helpful, thank you! Let me know what you find with those terminal measurements.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Measure is 2.0VAC

Okay, and if you measure between L1 and L2 IN, do you read 240 VAC?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On this model I assume a black wire going to board at label LX is L1? Measure to L2 is 122VAC

So between the L1 and L2 IN you read 122 VAC? You have an issue with the wiring in your home.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was my original guess during troubleshooting. I think I know where that issue is. Can I check and then come back to you?I'll let you know what I found. I'm a good electrician, but electronics stump me a bit after basics.

Of course, just post back! I am curious what you find!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok here is what I did, I live in a modular home, it has a pedestal with 200A breaker from there into main panel to another 200 amp main (that's wrong,) anyway. The oven originally tripped all the way out to ped completely bypassing main panel and oven cir. I thought it was main at ped because it was very hard to reset. But after testing line In at outlet I had 240VAC. So I tested continuity on cord, I did not get a normal response, I got continuity on A phase not on B, I also got continuity between N and B phase and also Ground. Hmm, I removed the filter the ECM came with and retested continuity and result was as expected. No crossover A at connection to A prong, same on B, N, and Grnd. Plugged in, set bake, tested L2 in an L1, 79.4 VAC, tested L2 in to ground 122 VAC, L1 (LX) 122 VAC. Now after approx. 35 Min temp only upto 163 deg. I thought I may have originally plugged connector for bake an broil back in upside down but another blown breaker said NO!Thoughts

There still has to be an issue with the power supply if you do not have 240 VAC between L1 and L2 IN.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the board or at the load side connection into the appliance? I have it there but not at the control board termination.

To the board (L1 and L2 IN) and to the load side (BAKE and L2 OUT).

Kelly, Appliance Technician